Well let’s start from the beginning. We picked up this 1998 Jeep Cherokee Sport towards the end of 2017 and immediately started ordering parts after determining we wanted to run in the Jeepspeed 2700 class for the 2018 season.
Getting into high speed desert racing as a new team we certainly had a lot to learn. After visiting the Mint 400, speaking with fellow competitors, and 100s of hours of reasearch we modified our build plan quiet a few times.
Here is a list of our current modifications to bring everyone up to date on the build.
- Full-Traction 6″ coils w/ 4-link Long Arms
- Full-Traction 4.5″ leaf springs
- Full-Traction boomerang shackles
- Full-Traction Adjustable trackbar
- Full-Traction trackbar brace
- Doestech MV-12 Shocks
- Full-Traction Drop Pitman Arm
- Boostwerks Engineering Ultimate Steering Brace
- Dirtbound Offroad OTK steering
- Stinkyfab Racing steering box spacer/frame reinforcement
- Rough country steering stabilizer
- T&J/Barnett Performance upper shock mount conversion
- Barnes 4WD leaf spring perches and 5/8″ u-bolts
- Browndog Poly Motor Mounts
- Cherrybomb Turbo Mufler
- Adam’s 1310 Extreme front shaft
- Adams 1310/1330 Extreme rear shaft
- Dana 30 Front Axle with 5.13 Nitro Gears
- Ford 9″ Rear Axle with Yukon Nodular 3rd member, 3.25″ carrier bearings, 31 spline US Gear Axles, Daytona Pinion support, and 5.14 Quick Performance Gears.
- JB Conversions NP231J 1310 SYE conversion
- Detroit locker in rear axle
- Cooper STT Pro 37×12.50
- Vision 85 17×8 wheels
- LX-Light LED DOT approved headlights
Parts waiting to be installed
- Ruff Stuff Specialties mid frame stiffeners
- Ironman4x4 OTK trackbar bracket
- Barnes4WD shock mounts
- T&J/Barnett Performance front hydro bump mounts/upper spring perch
Work/parts needed to be race ready
- Roll cage
- Bypass shock front/rear
- Limiting Straps
- Race radio
- Gas tank skid or fuel cell
- engine kill switch
- hydro bumps front/rear
- 35″ race tires
If you or your company are able to help by sponsoring our race Jeep please contact us. We are a fierce and talented team who with the right partners will be able to take the 2019 championship.
Contact us here.